Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Truant

I had a friend ask me if I was still part time teaching. Just went to prove how much contact I had lost with her. I see her almost every week, but it has been a long time since we sat down and had a chat. A very long time, obviously. It has been two years since I had days off.

Anyway, she asked me if I wanted to go shopping, today. Hard decision, not. A 6 on day after standing all day for a sports event, double year 8's? A lazy day, I hope. And I do not feel guilty in the slightest.

Things have changed, I hope. To actually take time away from work, voluntarily, is something new for recent times. Along the lines of contemplating a shift away, I guess. Mind, I could not get away without the obligatory contact. Email sent but I plan to be good elsewhere.

It helps to focus on the reality. After all, the negative is much more in evident than any positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home