Sunday, April 02, 2006

Advantage server

It is amazing how often something perceived as negative, actually turns out to be a positive in hindsight.

Over twelve months ago I conceeded a point. Not that I have any doubt that it will not be used against me, but it still was not nice to know that I was at a disadbvantage. I have enough going against myself personally, without someone else having the upper hand. I have played enough dangerous games to know the disadvantage of being behind.

It took me till the end of the year to manage to break even. Their loss of point. Metal meeting metal and the following request made it one all. I could feel that I now had some gain of control.

Now I think that there has arisen a situation that I can claim as another point given. The very thing that has given me grief in the last post is the very thing that has given me minor advantage. Not a specific incident, as in the case of the other two, but a point regardless. For if ever played the fall out would be.... interesting to say the least. Not that I would play the point. But my imagination can have a field day with this. And it feels good!

So I will sit back and watch with interest this turn of events. Turn the negative into a positive with the knowledge that the advantage is now mine. Dangerous games, I know, but the sense of being back in control is somewhat enpowering. I have no intention of ever conceeding ground again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home