Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just when it was thought...

....that it was safe to go back into the water, something comes along to bite you in the bum.

I came into this term with some degree of quiet expectation. I was looking forward to my classes, the timetable had gone well, I had a real break, and I had found calm. I was going to be all right.

How wrong I was. I found out the hard way just how I take the news that my role has been reassigned. I am still reeling from the shock of just how I took that. End of week one.

Yesterday. Monday week two. I find out from someone who I wanted to value me, just what their opinion of me is. No questions, no asking for justification or explaination, just attack. As for the reasons why? You do not go stabbing in the dark without intending to draw blood. Or hurt.

So I now have confirmation. Almost had my nose rubbed in it, but by luck was spared that. The question now is, how do I prepare for what might come next? In this case any killing stroke is going to be neither pleasant nor swift.

I might just take next week off.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger ThePurpleOwl said...

Thanks for your opinion, Lilybee... the story shall roll on (if only for you as a one-person audience!). Nothing scary or scandalous happened, I promise you... I just had the feeling no one was really interested in my uneventful ramblings (the age-old need for external validation, I spose).

Whatever's happening is clearly difficult, so I hope you're alright - I'm guessing I know who the problem person (still) is, but both of you comment in such an abstruse manner (understandably - it's your private business) that it's hard to see the score from here.

The email address here doesn't seem to like me - perhaps you have another you could let me know about? the_purple_owl@hotmail.com, and I'll get back to you if any likely ads come up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home