Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Play that funky music.

I had to walk out on a group of students today. A group of year 12's who had come in on their study day to work on a production they were doing. And as I teach them normally, they said, come in and hear what we are doing. We have some talented kids here. I came in part way through, listened for a minute. And had to get out of there fast. Not quite "killing me softly" but I did not want to hear anymore. Saw them later in the afternoon and heard the thing properly. Helps when you are not ambushed. I am looking forward to seeing this performed.

Just goes to show the mood I am in. Must be obvious too. Have had a few people stop and ask as to how I was and actually want to spend time finding out, rather than believe the automatic "fine". As I said, funk is the reason I do not get involved in productions anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home