Saturday, September 11, 2004

Third time lucky

I have this preoccupation at the moment with numbers. Probably because this will be the third time I have attempted a discourse on the number 42. Well, I think I will give that up for the moment. After all, those that are familiar with Douglas Adams will know full well what I am taling about and those that don't? Ah well, the supposed delights of hitchhiking across the galaxy will remain in the realms of the Heart of Gold immposibility drive. (By the way, who said this system does not need a spell check?
It is Friday. And with that comes a collective sigh of relief. I guess that it is because that for the next two days, we can supposedly do what we chose, rather than that dictated by the unfortunate need to pay bills and all that mundane stuff. Of course, that mainly applies to those fortunate enough to live in the time B.C. Just to qualify, that does not refer to the more correctly named time Before Christian Era, which is the way we are supposed to date our calendars CE (christian era) and BCE. But the more impacting on us and that is Before Children. Not that I can complain too much, I have been fortunate in not having sporty types that block whole days with having to stand in windy places or cold stadiums, trying to show some degree of enthusiasm. But I really regret the repeditive nature of shopping (food type) laundry and housework ( something regarded with a passion as close to hatred as I can feel) They all seem such a frustrating waste of time. You just finish doing it and then you seem to be doing the whole thing again, with no conceivable benefit.
Still. it is Friday and I should be somewhat relieved. So I will go and find a comfortable chair and sit down and do a little as I can for a short while. Except maybe, enjoy a gin and tonic while contemplating white mice and dolphins. And the number 42.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Beleobus said...

Those political correctness prudes have emerged here, disguised as a colleague! BCE, according to current standard usage, stands for before COMMON era. I know, it is really making everything out of nothing, but given the current wisdom that Christ was born somewhere between 5 and 8 B.C that would make your version of BCE about 5 to 8 years out of sync with the politically correct BCE. Oh well, try that in MASC tomorrow and see if they start drawing things more quickly than usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home