Monday, September 06, 2004

Time wasters

Therein lies the difference. Does this sort of work constitute a waste of time or just or just a way of using time that takes up a lot of it? But I guess that learning new things is never simple, especially when you try and do it yourself. Some might say that it is the best way to learn, for example, this missive. It has taken me a good half an hour to work out how to just create the next installment on this feature and then I finally find that it is a simple case of hit the right button. (Or so I hope. Will find out soon enough I suppose)
Now I realize that I could have just asked someone in the know, but that would have required energy to get out of my seat and go for a walk, and although I also am one who delights in mental exercise, the physical variety leaves a lot to be desired. Then too, I am a great believer in the art of procrastination and anything that is an excuse to not do what I should really be doing is as desireable as a glass of decent red wine, a good strong cup of decent coffee or a slab of Belguim chocolate. And, of course, a good book. So, in response to my feline compatriot (thank you for doing me the honour of actually reading this stuff), I need to say that A.McC's crystal singer series is another favourite, I have read some of her B & B ship books, but haven't really got into her telepath ones.
This, of course, does not mean that I do not get around to doing anything important, just don't rely on me to have the normal definition of important, as those that know me can testify. And, yes, dear tawny goddess, the poor misguided knight of whom we have correspondence, has the misfortune of knowing me in the real world. But there is never the time for such discourse as this forum provides. ( I would have replied on your site, but for some reason this system would not let me through. I shall attempt this quest at a later stage)
But now the bane of this existance calls, yet another meeting to tax the patience while numbing the braincells and the rear end.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Lioness said...

Do you know, you and Beleobus sound remarkably alike! Must be the Australian gene or something. It is a bit eerie! :D

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Beleobus said...

My dear Lioness, if you chance to journey back here, be it known that lilybee and I work together. Of course, the eerie similarities in sense of humour and historical interests could be cause for concern amongst some of the more 'normal' members of staff, but they can stick a proverbial dog in their exit hole.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Would that chocolate be dark or sweet chocolate? Plain or truffles? Or a little box of variety?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home